My car is in the shop again. The key word in that last sentence was 'again'. I think the thing that irritates me most about it is that I can't even enjoy complaining about it. When you complain about something, all you want out of people is for them to say "dude, that sucks". What you DON'T want them to do is start making 'helpful' suggestions. When I say "man, my f-ing car is in the shop again" the correct response is not "oh? what's wrong with it?" First of all, and I can't stress this enough, I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT! I'm not a mechanic and neither are you. The two weeks you spent in Driver's Ed and the three story's worth of anecdotes you've heard about other people's cars did not adequately prepare you to diagnose my car based on my description of the problem, which will invariably be "m'car done stopped runnin' so good, a'reckon". And yes, I know you know the best mechanic in town. Please, give me his number, I'm totally paying attention right now.
On the plus side, my latest mechanic's name was "Richard Carver". That's almost worth the expense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment